Tuesday, August 2, 2011

66 - The Last Supper

Luke 22:1-46

The story so far:

Then God said: Let the earth put forth vegetation...  Genesis 1:11-12

And Abraham said: "God himself will provide the lamb for the [sacrifice], my son."  Genesis 22:7-8

"You shall take a lamb for each family...and eat it with unleavened bread"  Exodus 12:1-10

"I am going to rain down bread from heaven for you."  Exodus 16:1-8

Jesus turns water into wine.  John 2:1-11

Give us this day our daily bread.  Matthew 6:9-13

Jesus [took]...the loaves...blessed...broke...gave.   Luke 9:10-17

"I am the bread of life.  Whoever comes to me will never be hungry..."  John 6:25-40

And today:  Jesus took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks,  he broke it and gave it to them saying, 'This is my body which is given for you.  Do this in remembrance of me.'

The Last Supper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts about this reading in the comments. Because of spammers, comments required approval.